Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13 Radio Show: the anti-Valentine Show


...Not necessarily true, but I realize that the default mood of my show (and the music I listen to in general) is far less "Romantic/Happy-in-Love" than it is "Sad, Cynical Bastard." So this was basically a typical show. I did, however, play "Valentine" by the Replacements and a song by My Bloody Valentine.

The Wipers - Back to Basics
The Evens - King of Kings
Clinic - Miss You
My Bloody Valentine - New You
Sonic Youth - Shadow of a Doubt
Reigning Soung - You're Not as Pretty
Norwegian Arms - At the Formerly British Council Supported English Centre
Grass Widow - Under the Atmosphere
Beach Fossils - Careless
The Olivia Tremor Control - Holiday Surprise 1,2,3
The June Brides - Every Conversation
The Replacements - Valentine
Ride - Twisterella
*Mr. Airplane Man - Grown on Me
The Bats - Block of Wood
Veronica Falls - Tell Me
Shonen Knife - Burning Farm
*Love-Up Time - Do You Wanna Dance with Me?
*Earthquake Party! - Little Pet
Slumber Party - Sooner or Later
White Fence - Hey! Roman Nose
The Trypes - Music for Neighbors
Ty Segall - Goodbye Bread
Bill Callahan - Diamond Dancer
La Sera - Left This World
Bedhead - Extramundane
Sun Kil Moon - Heron Blue

Veronica Falls - Teenage

I just got into British quartet Veronica Falls, and I've been listening to them on repeat for the past few days. Maybe I'm just a sucker for chiming guitars and guy/girl harmonies, but I haven't heard new music so committed to this kind of melancholy pop sensibility since the Magnetic Fields.

1 comment:

  1. your ability to accurately describe musical tone and your own musical predilections astounds me. the best I can get it "yes I like it," "no, not for me," or "at least I can sing along!"

    ReplyDelete