Friday, December 21, 2012

12/18 Radio Show


Last show of 2012!

Woods - Rain On
Will Oldham - All These Vicious Dogs
The Evens - Architects Sleep
Scott & Charlene's Wedding - Gammy Leg
The Trypes - The Undertow
Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse - The Man Who Played God (feat. Suzanne Vega)
Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
Wooden Wand - Sleepwalking After Midnight
The Apartmens - All You Wanted
The Twerps - Dreamin'
Old Time Machine - Pouring Rain
Howling Boil - Green Under Glasses
My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep
Can - Halleluwah

I've been resisting making a "Best of 2012" list because 1) I think lists are a lazy way to write about music that force you to compare apples and oranges and 2) who cares what I think? However, I've been checking out some of the Best of 2012 lists that are popping up all over the blogosphere and have been reminded of the volume of excellent and diverse music that has come out this year-- particularly in Boston. My first show of the new year will be a recap of my favorite music from 2012-- more as a personal exercise for myself than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kath,

    Do you record your shows as a podcast by any chance? If so where can I listen to the archives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't record my shows as podcasts right now, but WZBC archives the shows on their website, and they are available for streaming for two weeks after they air. You see the archives at http://wzbc.org/#archive. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete